2019 contest – “Pour l’Amour du Fil” showsarah
The theme of the 2019 contest is “The Mysteries of the West”.
From Lorient to St Malo, from Biarritz to the Landes coast, from the forest of the wizard Merlin to the menhirs of Carnac, from Jules Verne to Los Angeles, take inspiration from the culture of the Atlantic coastline but that is not all!
The west continues to the ends of the earth, the Far West and its deserts, the Pacific coast and Malibu, on the way out West!
For now you know the theme; the terms and conditions will be given in detail below.
Selection criteria for textile works
This contest is open to ALL textile creations: quilting, knitting, embroidery, sewing, lace, crochet, textile art, etc.
To be accepted for competition, the textile work must conform to the following criteria:
• No size requirements
• Textile use is required: quilting, knitting, embroidery, sewing, lace, crochet, textile art, etc.
• All hand or machine techniques are accepted.
The textile works presented for selection must respect the contest theme and have been made specifically for this contest.
Selection and showing of textile works
The first selection is made from photographs (photos must be high-quality).
Please send three photos of the project in A5 size as follows:
two full-view photographs of the textile work;
one detailed photograph.
On the back of the photo indicate your first and last names, the textile work’s title and its dimensions as well as the work’s
A jury will assess adherence to the theme, the quality of the work and the creativity. The deadline for receiving registration packages is March 1, 2019.
Pieces accepted following notifi cation by the organizer must be sent before March 30, 2019.
These textile works will be exhibited during the 2019 edition of the International Show of the Arts of Thread in Nantes from Wednesday, April 24 to Saturday, April 27, 2019. Reproduction of a work already in existence may result in prosecution, for which Quiltmania Magazine shall not be held liable.
Shipping fees and insuring of textile works
Outgoing shipping fees are the responsibility of the participant.
Return shipping fees are the responsibility of the organizer.
The selected textile works will be insured by the organizers from their arrival until their reshipping.
The textile works chosen by the jury will be generously awarded with some superb prizes offered by our partners.
• The deadline for receiving registration packages is March 1, 2019.
• If your registration package is retained and approved by the organizer, your textile work must be sent to us before March 30, 2019.
• Results will be announced and prizes will be awarded during the International Show of the Arts of Thread in Nantes, Wednesday, April 24 at 3:00 p.m. at the show’s television area.
How to participate
Register by downloading the entry form (click HERE)
Participation and registration are free of charge.
In the details indicate:
• the textile work’s title,
• the dimensions,
• the materials and supplies used,
• the techniques: a brief and specific description (technique, diffi culty, time required, etc.),
• and if it is inspired by an existing work, the source of inspiration (photo, painting, pattern, etc.).
Any entry not in accordance with all entry requirements will not be accepted.
The winners will receive their award at the time the results are announced.
Winners who are unable to be present at the show will make arrangements with the organizers to receive their prize in the most efficient manner.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.