Materials List – Xmas by Quiltmania 2021sarah
Hello to each and every one of you!
You are so many to have already subscribed to the Xmas by Quiltmania 2021’s newsletter in partnership with The Cinnamon Patch and we wanted to thank you dearly!
You will find just beneath all the materials you will need to create your wall panel. It will be made of two colours, one for the background and one for the patterns:
- Felt for the background (ours will be red, but you can pick a pine-tree-green, some grey or just plain white): 50 x 75 cm (19 3⁄4” x 29 1⁄2“) (+seem allowances if necessary)
- Felt for the appliqués (we chose white, but feel free to reverse the color values): 2 sheets of 30 x 45 cm (12” x 17 3⁄4”) (or 4 sheets of 20 x 30 cm (8” x 12”))
- Batting and backing (if you want to quilt the background): 50 x 75 cm (19 3⁄4” x 29 1⁄2“) (+seam allowances)
- Pearl cotton or an assortment of any embroidery floss that coordinates with the wool
- Embroidery hoop
- Erasable rollerball pen (Pilot)
- Small sharp scissors
- Glue or double-sided fusible web
Download the list of materials
If you missed it, discover the introduction to the project HERE.
First step comes out the 10th of November !
To help us in the creation of this wall panel, we once again called upon The Cinnamon Patch, who offers you wool felt of high quality (a blend of merino wool and rayon). It’s thick, soft to the touch and easy to cut, glue, sew or embroider.
It is available in a lovely palette of vintage and contemporary colours: heathered, marbled, ranging from the most delicate pastels, to the most vibrant tints imaginable.
⭐ Drawing ⭐
2 winnable kits for the creation of your wall panel!
If you have subscribed to Xmas by Quiltmania 2021′s newsletter, you are automatically part of the random draw to win a kit!
Inside, you will find:
- a mix of felts from The Cinnamon Patch (multiple different colours available)
- embroidery floss
- sewing needles especially made for felt
- an erasable pen
- washable textile glue
Drawing takes place on the 8th of November !
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.