December part of the Project-a-long with Béasarah
A unique label to decorate your project!
This is it: December and the end of the year! Which means that now is the last part of your project, the final touch! So just before you snuggle up in your warm quilt, take a look at what the final step looks like!
Since this is the end of the project, please do share with us, either through pictures or with a video, your final product on the Simply Vintage Facebook group and under the hashtag #QUILTMANIA2021!
Find the first eleven parts on our blog.
The streets are all glittering with lights,
The countryside is covered with a sugary coat beneath the sky at night,
The time has come for me to wish you all a Merry Christmas, wrapped in my linen all warm and comfy,
And place all my love onto thee.
This project measures 10 x 20 cm (4’’ x 8’’) and will be positioned above the month of November:
For the Label:
- 1 Christmas fabric or a picture found on the Net 6 x 12 cm (2⅜’’ x 4¾’’) which you printed on a “CottonJet” sheet with an inkjet printer
- 1 (one sided) thermobinding hard fleece or a hard cardboard of 6 x 12 cm (2⅜’’ x 4¾’’)
- Some string
For the Sleeve:
- 1 woolly band of 4,5 x 11 cm (1¾’’ x 4⅜’’)
- 1 piece of a thin mat
- Scraps of tulle or of another thin and coloured fabric
- 2 scraps of coloured fabrics
- Green wool for the 3 leaves
- 8 “flower” and “berry” beads
- Golden threads, fancy threads, embroidery cotton…
For the Background:
- 1 floral fabric strip: 4 x 20 cm (1½’’ x 8’’)
- Lace : 4 x 20 cm (1.’’ x 8’’)
- 1 velvet rectangle of 5 x 8 cm (2’’ x 3’’)
- 1 old stamp
- 1 small ribbon
- Small star buttons
- 1 Merry Christmas tag
1) For the big label, stick with an iron your fabric (or printed “CottonJet”) on the hard fleece (or on the cardboard with some special glue). Reproduce the tag template at the back of your pasting while centering the chosen pattern. Cut all around the edges. Dig a hole at the top of the label and tie your string in it.
2) For the sleeve, on your woolly rectangle place the two scraps of coloured fabric. Keep them in place with some broken rib stitches.
3) Place the 2 bigger sides onto the 2 scraps of fabrics to give it a “bowtie” shape and fix them with a blanket stitch and a piece of cotton.
4) Place the tulle as well as the thin mat in the middle and fix them using sturdy stitches. Finish decorating the sleeve in whichever way you like.
5) Cut out 3 leaves in the green wool. Embroider the nerves with fishbone stitch and the edges with straight stitches. Fix these 3 leaves with a sturdy stitch point. Add your “flowers” and “berries”.
6) For the background, place the floral strip upon the sheet, on the left and above November’s project. On the right, add the velvet rectangle and the lace in the middle. Fix them in place with whichever stitch you like.
7) To make sure you put everything in the right place and with help from the picture, don’t hesitate to regularly put the sleeve, the label, te stamp and the ribbon to
- Correctly position the tulle beneath the sleeve and the “bouquet”. Fix it with featherstitch.
- Glue or sew the stamp.
- Add the small ribbon as well as the small tag.
- Embroider small french knots to create snow.
8) Sew both sides of the sleeve to the bedsheet. Add the star buttons and all the small decorations you may want. Slide the great label inside the sleeve. Add the new part on the spool and decorate it with a pretty lace ribbon. I embroidered “2021” with backstitch at the top of the bedsheet.
And… All finished! I’ll await your creations on #quiltmania2021 and on social media!
I tried to make this last part a bit longer, just so I could keep you with me a little more.
Thank you for all your kind messages.
Lots of kisses and take care of you,
Béatrice Airaud is a decorative and textile art designer with many talents. Discover her poetic universe as well as her kits and adorable ornaments on her website. Don’t hesitate to follow her facebook and instagram pages.
Find all the chapters of the “Xmas by Quiltmania with Béa” on our blog, some lovely handmade decorations are waiting for you.